The tourniquet unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The tourniquet featuring the proprietary red tip design and the mechanical advantage of a band within a band has been the Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army since 2005.
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- A true 1 ½” constricting band for increased constricting pressure and patient comfort.
- Featuring NAR’s Red Tip Technology with a red elliptical tip to assist user in locating and threading during application.
- Reinforced windlass clip & highly visible security tab includes a writeable area to record the time of application.
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research.
- Color: Black