A comprehensive guide to all basic aspects of physical well-being, including: running, swimming, strength training, flexibility, calisthenics, diet and supplements, training for extreme conditions and environments, and sports-related injuries, and much more.
The special operations experts in the Navy SEALs rely on their physical ability to overcome obstacles and avoid injury or even death. So their training methods are proven and thorough. This full-illustrated book covers:
- Calculating energy expenditure
- Definitions, functions, and daily allowances of carbohydrates, fats, and protein
- Nutritional considerations for endurance and strength training activities
- Active recovery from injury
- Cardio-respiratory conditioning
- Appropriate gear for running and swimming for fitness
- Exercising in extreme and adverse weather
- And more.
Compiled by physicians and physiologists chosen for their knowledge of the NSW and SEAL community, this manual is a unique resource for anyone wanting to improve his or her health, strength, and endurance.